Thursday 23 November 2017

It's Been a Long and Busy Time - Announcements

Hey Everyone!

How are you all doing? I know it's been a while since I posted. I have a few announcements to make and things that I'm getting up so let's get to that shall we? Just to let you know: I have been doing creative stuff hence the busyness. One being running a stall, tips on how to run your stall included too!


As you know that I'm not well so the things that I do I take a lot of time doing them because I need to take constant breaks. I have to make sure that I am taking care of my health, although at times I do forget and get so absorbed into what I'm doing. But I do try and take breaks. Honest.

Now let's get started with the announcements, shall we?

1) My Youtube Trailer

Yes, you heard correct. I made this video a while ago but I wasn't able to upload it because I've been busy so I was finally able to upload it now. This video is just an introduction to my Youtube channel and what to expect from the channel. It's not just art stuff but it's going to be other things as well like motivation and talks and much more. I only highlighted in the video what my channel will mostly consist of that is why I didn't mention anything else in there but there will be a mixture of things to expect as time progresses.

Note: This trailer will change over time.





2) Old Youtube Videos

So those of you who have been following my old blog will know that I had an old Youtube video where I uploaded a few creative videos. Well since I moved my Youtube channel to this current one I obviously won't be uploading over there anymore. However, if you all want to still check out those old videos I have made a small playlist on my current channel titled: My Old Videos - From Old Channel. So you can have a look at those videos. Here is the link:  Videos from old channel 

3) Art Creations Coming Up

So I've been busy for the past couple of months because I've been preparing for a stall that I held on 18th Nov 17. (I will talk about this more in the next point) There was a lot of content that I produced of which I filmed some of them not all, because I don't want to make content that people may not be interested in. So I filmed a few footages of the different types and creations I made including: clay crafts, paintings, drawings, card making. One thing I didn't film was jewellery making (So if you would like to see those then please let me know).

Once I have edited all of them (since I have done any yet), I will scatter the uploads for each of the content. I hope that you can all bare with me and also are looking forward to the content! It's a lot of good creative fun! :)

4) My Very First Stall


 

So here are pictures of my stall that I had for the day. It was my first time ever having a stall and I was excited, nervous and happy! It's hard putting your creations out for people to buy, it shows that you have courage and are strongly confident that it's worth the purchase.

This was held in my local community where they had a 3 day art exhibition and stalls that were running through out. You could either have your art exhibited or have a stall. I considered the exhibition at first but then I thought it would be better to hold a stall because I not only show case my work but I could also sell them if anyone was interested in them too: killing two bird with one stone :)

I took these pictures after I had already made a few sales so unfortunately, it wasn't showing everything that I had on the table.

That being said it meant that my items were good enough that people already started showing an interest and bought things from my stall because it was right there in front of them.

The position of my stall was right in front of the entryway where people would have to see my shop first before going around.

I learnt a lot from running this stall, things that I could improve on and even things that I wanted to do this time but couldn't but will definitely do for next time. So not only is it improving my experience but also preparing for when I hold another stall in the future.

One thing I had to take into high consideration was my health. I will definitely not be able to run all of this on my own for hours without taking any breaks so I have to take a lot of breaks. I requested for a volunteer during prior to running my stall. Which was very helpful and I appreciated it too.

Some tips I would give for those running their stalls for the first time or even if it your first time:

1) Show to them you are approachable - When you have someone just hovering around your stall from a distance and taking a few glances, smile at them and say hello, start a conversation. Approach them rather then waiting for them to approach you. If they see that you are approachable then they will surely take a glance and may even tip them over to purchase something.

My very first customer was like this: She smiling but at a distance and looked a little lost, I smiled at her and said hello, which opened the door for her to come over to my stall. She spent a while in my stall and ended up buying a few things too! I was so happy, because it was my first sale! :)

2) Have contact information ready all the time - This is something that is so basic but I wasn't able to do this because I was so busy, I wanted to do it at one point but I got distracted and I forgot until the day before. So I wasn't able to do this. But you may get customers who want to buy more things from you in the future so make sure to have some information to give them. But always give them information on how to stay in link with you so they will come back for more.

3) Networking - While I was setting up I was approached by the other stall holders who were giving out their business cards and contact information. The best way of staying in contact. You meet a lot of people, I ended up giving my contact information to one of the stall holders who asked for it by writing it down for her. So I was able to make that network. They will always come in handy in the future.

4) Displaying your content - The way you display you items is very key to your shop and attraction. If you're display if not clear people won't stick around to look so deeply at it. If you look at my pictures above you can see what I mean. That is something I will definitely change, for example the jewellery was all displayed flat on the table which is why people were not able to see it properly. One of the stall holders approached my table and had to really bend down and look at the jewellery carefully. I would have to hang them on a jewellery stand for them to be seen clearly.

The other problem was the cloth I was using, it was patterned, and it is very pretty but displaying jewellery on it won't be very clear (as you can see from the picture) which again made it difficult to know what was on the display. If I were to lay my jewellery on the table flat then I would use a contrasting background so it would highlight it such as black. I could still have the rest of the item on the patterned background.

Also depending on the content you have you want to make sure that they are place appropriately so it can be viewed easily. I had so many greeting cards which I then decided to display them more clearly flat and spread out and have my artworks on a pile where people can sieve through.

5) Float money - This is money that you have to start with that is like your change exchange, so when a customer hands you the money you can give them change. Make sure you know how much is your float money so you can deduct this from the earning at the end.

Have the money at hand but also secure too. I had mine in a tin box and everytime someone needed change I was able to give that to them. Of course when I took breaks the person that took over for me I made sure they knew where my money was and handed them the key. Of course I trust them enough to with it.

5) Other Youtube content

This is the things that I had pre-recorded but I haven't been able to upload or even edit yet. I will be including all of these content too over the time too so they will be coming too.


Well that's it from me if you want a separate post about the stall and my detailed review on what I'll do and won't do next time please let me know I will do that. :)

Please make sure to subscribe to my channel and follow my blogs. I'll see you next time

Take care and think positive

Tarana A beaming star shining with positivity for the world to embrace xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment